Bicycle Maintenance and Repair Help for the Home Mechanic
Are you sick of paying outrageous prices at bike repair shops and would rather do your own bike repair and maintenance at home?
I'm here to show you how you can fix your bike yourself, at home, for a fraction of the cost of taking your bike to a shop!
If you want to dive right in, click on over to the Repair & Maintenance Tutorials collection. There you will find the how-to guides for each part of your bike.
For your convenience, I have listed the most common bike repairs right here:
The Most Common Bicyle Maintenance Projects
If you own a bicycle, you'll be doing these tasks often:
- How to Fix a Flat Tire - Flat tires can be fixed in 5 minutes with just a little practice.
- How to Lube Your Chain - Lubing your chain is the best thing you can do to keep your bike running smoothly.
- How to Wash Your Bike - A clean bike is a happy bike!
- How to Clean Rims & Brake Pads - You can't ride without working brakes!
- How to Adjust Your Front Derailleur - Keep your shifting smooth and prevent dropped chains.
- How to Adjust Your Rear Derailleur - A quick adjustment will keep your bike shifting like new!
7 Most Common Mistakes Riders Make When Fixing Their Own Bikes!
Could you be making these simple mistakes that are causing your riding to suffer?
Get a copy of our ebook and have your bike running like new again! Just enter your info below and we'll send you a FREE copy!
Our Most Popular Articles
Like any good LBS, you can come to us for advice on just about anything! Just check our Article Archives - we do it all.
Here are some of our most popular pages from the past ten years of being online:
- How To Box and Ship a Bike - A guide to boxing and shipping a bicycle.
- The Good Deals Guide - Where to find the best, super dooper 50-75% off clearance sales online.
- MTB Race Equipment Checklist - A checklist of everything you need to pack for an MTB race.
- Best Bike Repair Books - The best bike repair books out there. Must reads for all home mechanics.
- Setup Your Own Home Workshop - How to setup your very own work area at home.
Here are some of the latest articles we have added to the site:
- How to Make a Ski Bike - Have some fun this winter by turning an old bike into a ski bike!
- How Should I Clamp My Bike In a Repair Stand? - We have the answers to your bike clamping problems.
- Ditch Your Reflectors For Reflective Tape - Skip the bulky reflectors that will break anyway, and replace them with sleek reflective tape.
Here are some product reviews recently added to the site:
- Dumonde Tech Lite Lube - This is the best chain lube I've ever used for general, dry conditions.
- Pedro's Tire Levers - By far, the best tire levers I've ever had the pleasure of using.
- Nashbar 'Stand by Me' - This is a nifty little workstand that holds the bike upright. It's great for storage and quick maintenance.
You might also like our sister website, CoachLevi.com, which is a cycling coaching website full of training, racing, and nutrition advice from Bloom Bike Shop's own Levi Bloom:
- CoachLevi.com - Training and racing information for cyclists, by Coach Levi.
We keep you covered when it comes to your bicycle maintenance and repair needs, but a clean, lubed bike isn't very fast if you aren't training and eating properly!