Bike Repair Guide: Drivetrain
This section covers repair and maintenance for your bike's drivetrain, including your chain, cranks, chainrings, and cassette.
- How to Check Chain Wear
- How to Use the ProGold Chain Gauge
- Replacing a Chain
- How to Replace (Remove and Install) a Cassette
- How to Replace (Remove and Install) a Freewheel
- Removing and Installing Cranks (on a Square Taper BB)
- Removing and Installing cranks (on an ISIS BB)
- Removing and Installing Chainrings
- How to Clean and Degrease your Chain
- How to Lube your Chain
- How to Clean Chainrings and Cogs
- Freehub Maintenance
* The bottom bracket is covered in the Headset & Bottom Bracket section.